Tuesday 5 November 2013

A peek at some background journal pages .......


I mentioned a back that I would post a few photos of some of my Art Journal pages that I have I've been dabbling with over the last year or soOne journal I made using water colour paper, having watched Teesha Moore's brilliant 2 part video on how to make your own Art Journal. 
  here is a link to part 1 :- 
 part 2 follows on afterwards. 



This Hearts spread was inspired by a lovely 
You Tube video Life On Hold'
 by Rach0113


I wasn't quite happy with how it looked,I wanted more texture, so I went back and I worked on it some more, using gold acrylic paint to fill in the hearts and added a Helen Keller quote and was much happier with the look of it.


This is another page from my handmade journal I colourised the paper with watercolour paint. I found this 'half butterfly' image in a  Pheonix Trading catalogue and I loved the colours and the fact that it appears to be flying away so thought it would work well in my Art Journal.




The pages in the journal I bought had a a very glossy finish, which did not work well when painted onto directly, so I've started using other papers to make the backgrounds on which can then be pasted into the journal. Here are two background pages that have been stuck in to the journal, and I will complete later.





I'll post some more pictures when I've had a chance to add journalling. 


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal pages Su. Love the colours you have used especially those metallic ones in the bottom pic. All gorgeous though.
    Hugs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear - I am having trouble leaving a comment - third time lucky

    This is truly awesome Su - and thank you so very much for adding links to those who inspired you.

    What a great idea to make the hearts metallic and add the journally - it really really changes the pages.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your work on here or on your fabulous website.

    Wish I lived in france - I would attend your workshops in a heart beat

    Best wishes
    Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous spreads with some great techniques!! That butterfly is gorgeous!! (Well as are the rest of the pages!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! Each page is BEAUTIFUL!! You are a true artist! The butterfly page takes my breath away and I love the metallics on the last pic, too. The gold heart page is amazing!
    Love and Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete